- posit a 'counter-Earth', because of mismatch between number of visible celestial bodies and the "mathematically projected" number, 10;
- influence extends to neo-Platonists (e.g. Iamblichus);
- some [or was it the neo-Platonists?] endorse idea that soul as not separate from body, rather it's a kind of harmony (evidenced by states of the soul "resonating" [producing emotion] with music); i.e. the "attunement" of the body that keeps it in "good playing order";
- but Pythagoras himself apparently endorses transmigration of souls (entailing dualism, and influencing Plato);
- similarity between the positing of the immaterial, enduring soul and number: both abstract, avoiding the variability of physical objects.